Photo by Heidi Drew
The Nantucket Garden Club promotes better knowledge and love of gardening, plants, flowers, and horticulture, contributes to the beauty of Nantucket, and supports conservation initiatives that protect the island’s fragile and historic environment.
Dear Nantucket Community,
Our Nantucket Garden Club would like to familiarize you with our community activities:
- Main Street Fountain- plant year round seasonal displays
- Festival of Trees – we join in the Holiday spirit for this event
- Daffodil Festival – held annually at Barlett’s Ocean View Farm in April
- Annual Clean Team/NGC partnership
- Hadwen House garden – where we maintain the historic gardens
- Window Box competition for downtown businesses in July
- Art with Blooms -create floral arrangements in various art galleries
- Green Thumb Flower Show
- Salt Marsh Senior Center- created a coastal resilient garden
- House Tour- every August. Our only fundraiser
- Re-Bloom – repurpose flowers to donate to individuals and non-profits
The Nantucket Garden Club continues to provide Scholarships and Community Grants annually.
Scholarships are awarded to Nantucket students who major in studies aligned with our mission such as landscape design, botany, ecology and environmental studies.
Community Grants are awarded to charitable, civic and government groups that qualify as tax exempt for programs that benefit the public and contribute to the beauty of Nantucket.
An award we give to the community, in partnership with the Nantucket Land & Water Council is the Conservation Commendation. The award is given to gardens using best practices in native gardening such as a pollinator garden, a turf conservation garden and coastal resilient rain gardens.
Nantucket Garden Club continues to partner with island organizations and has a long history of giving to the community.
Please consider a donation to the Nantucket Garden Club to support our continued good work for the island.
Thank you for your consideration and generosity.
President, Nantucket Garden Club